Women on Mission
Watchword: Called to Love
"Love the Lord your God with all your Heart, Soul and Mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." Matthew 22:37-39 NIV adapted
The watchword reminds us that we should love God first, and then allow our hearts to see the needs. Areas of Mission Focus:
- Create an environment to hear and understand God's call and receive nurturing in the Call.
- Awareness of people of other cultures and languages as people whom God loves.
- Praying for all our missionaries' needs; and as they spread the Word, that others may hear about Jesus.
- Giving through our church-wide offerings: Lottie Moon IMB Offering, Annie Armstrong NAMB Offering, Janie Chapman State Missions Offering, Cooperative Program, World Hunger and others.
- Engage in Mission and Witnessing: Helping others with projects and witnessing in our community and state.
Monthly Meeting: Third Tuesday of every month, 7 p.m. in the Christian Life Center. All ladies of the church eighteen years old and older are invited to join us. We have a time of prayer for our missionaries; study about the work they do and their needs; Bible readings; projects for those in need; make hospital baskets for our church members that stay overnight in the hospital; light refreshments and fellowship.